De La Salle College was founded in 1911 by the Brothers of the
Christian Schools offering primary and
intermediate programs and a three-year commercial
secondary school program. In November 1917, the school was granted a charter authorizing it to
confer an Associate in Arts degree. In 1930, the College was
authorized to confer the degrees of Bachelor of Science in Education and
Master of Science of Education. On February 19, 1975, the College changed its status to a University.
The Bureau of Posts issued a set of stamps to mark the Golden Jubilee of De La Salle College on June 16, 1961.