The first forestry service in the Philippines, the "Inspeccion General de Montes", was created in June 1862 pursuant to a Spanish Royal Decree. On April 14, 1900, the U.S. military governor in the Philippines isued General Order No. 50, renaming "Inspeccion" into the Bureau of Forestry.
The Bureau of Posts issued a set of two stamps commemorating the Bureau of Forestry on its 50th anniversary, April 14, 1950. Featured on the stamps is an engraving of the native Red Lauan tree, a valuable export timber.
First Day of Issue Cachet
First Day Covers
(Not in author's collection)